Saturday, September 15, 2007

HUNTING A SHADOW

Chapter 8

My life now was just drinking. Looking down the glass of beer. My only company was the noise of the rats scurrying round on the floor. Out of a job and nothing to do all I did was drink.

I’m an alcoholic and I didn’t care. Someone knocked at my door. I got up slowly and looked through a hole in the door to check them out. It was an old man with a hood on and 3 bags in his hands. I opened the door but kept the chain on the door for safety.

As the door slowly opening on the chain I looked at the man checking him out, not missing anything. I thought to myself that he could do no harm.
I said hi and closed the door again to take the chain off. As I did that he came closer and said in a very high pitched voice "I’ve got you".

I looked. He raised a knife to my neck. It sliced my throat. My blood sprayed over the walls and onto the man. As I fell on to the floor bleeding, the man took off his head. I was wrong it wasn’t an old man. I knew this person. It wasn't a man at all.

It was a woman. Quite short with hair going all the way down her back. Her name was Cherene Qassim.

I was now bleeding heavily. I was getting weaker and weaker. I put my arm out to grab but i couldn’t reach. I was going white. It was getting colder and colder as if the froze from winter has given me the kiss of death. She came closer and knelt down next to me. She started carving into me. I was fading. Everything was going black.
I felt colder and was feeling lonely. I went for one last gasp. The last thing I ever heard was the evil laughter of this deadly woman.

Cherene walked into the house. She looked sharply round. Targeting a specific object. She rushed round, walking onto the tables as if they weren't there. As she went round a corner into the kitchen, she caught something in her eye. It was a vase.


It was white with blue Japanese patterns on it. It was about 300, 400 years old; maybe more. She looked at it. She picked it up and stuffed it into one of her bags. She saw a mirror. She took down her hood and could see her face. It had a scar down the left side of the face. Other part of her face was smooth and normal. Her eyes were a dark green. As she looked into he mirror she touched her face. She took her hand and placed it on her ear.

She pulled off her ear ring and started to speak into it. A voice from the other end was a male voice. He ordered her to round up anything that was of value and could help them in there scheme. She picked up money, newspapers. She searched Bens’ personal possessions. She grabbed 4 guns; and placed them all into separate bags. She slowly made her way to the door. Stepping over the lifeless body on there floor making sure not to leave any marks.

As she walked down the garden path she put her hood back up and waked slowly down an alleyway. She wasn’t seen. But the door was left open. A passerby saw the door open and stop to see if it was damaged. He looked down and saw the body on the floor. He ran over to the body and called for an ambulance.

By the time the ambulance he came and gone Cherene was gone. She vanished from the place leaving no tracks to be followed. She was a shadow in the darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google