Saturday, September 15, 2007

HUNTING A SHADOW

Chapter 3


The homeless people had finished there story. The five men of before came over once again, and once again to see me off.
But this time the big guy stood in the way. But now to see me off too.
Before I went, he added. "We’re BHH, Black Hood hunters". I thought to myself. These men were hunting down the same man who ruined my life. I asked them if I could join there band of merry men. They asked if I was a fighter and knew if I could kill. I said yes. I'd never killed a man in my life but I craved the murder, revenge on this man.

They asked me. "What’s your story with this man". I looked at them. They all waited excitedly.
So I did as they asked.
I told them my story.
I told them I was an EX agent. I was in my twenties. I was about to solve this case. No matter what, I could do this. I was in a factory, filled with fireworks and small explosives. He ran into here, to get away from me. But I’ve got his scent. I wasn’t going to let him get away. I wanted this so bad.
I walked round the scaffoldings into the factory, hoping to get a glimpse. I Heard footsteps coming from behind. I dived behind some skips. The steps got closer. As i saw a foot appear out the corner i went to grab it.

I thought, I’ve got this guy. I thought i had him there. It was nearly over.
But as i went for him he saw me. He kicked me across the dirty factory floor. As I got myself together, I saw that he had a hostage. I went for my gun, but he raised his to me. He said not to try anything. I took a couple of steps back. He told me he had rigged the factory with explosives. There were so many explosions. I didn’t want him to do that. I listened to what he wanted me to do. But he just did it.

As he went to make his escape. He shot the hostage in the head. The blood splatted in my face. He pressed the button for the explosives. We barely made it out. There were thirty-six other people in the factory. I was accused for the murder of them all. But since I had people on the inside they helped me get out. I didn’t do anything. I was framed. Now I seeked revenge. All the time I had wasted in that prison. I could have spent hunting that bastard down.

The homeless men (BHH) felt sympathy for me. And they took me in. They gave me a bed to sleep on a mattress and boxes. It was good enough. I didn’t complain.
It was now morning. I awoke still thinking of him. As I sat up I saw no-one else was awake. I got up and walked round the streets. Still getting used to my new surroundings I decided to walk through a park. It was still pretty dark. The street lamps filled the park with dazzling light. As I walked I saw a man. He was sitting on the bench praying. I went over to join him. He looked up to me as if he wanted help.

As we prayed he asked of my name. His was Zach Copper. I thought of the name. I heard of it from somewhere. But i couldn’t remember. He told me of what he was praying for. As he told me the warmth in my heart went cold and i remembered this man. He was a witness to a brutal murder. I asked him if the man who had killed his loved ones was the same man that haunted both of our dreams, always in our minds but not for good memories. But for the ways were going to kill him.

He asked if I had anywhere to sleep. I said I slept in an alley with some homeless people. He asked me to join him for a drink at a local bar. So we can talk over what we can do for each other. He asked to join forces in hunting this man down. No-one listened or noticed us, so we had the advantage. We were basically invisible. He said he's been crashing in some worn down house.

We walked out the bar looking around the streets. Everything had changed. It was all ruined; all i could remember were dreams and just things in the back of my head. I had to come to the reality that nothing was going to be the same again until he was gone, dead, out of our lives forever.

We went back to the house. It was ruined. Floor boards missing, Windows smashed, Holes in the wall, but it was better than the streets.
I got to like this man. We didn’t know each other but this was going to be a very powerful friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google